Senior Resident Critical Care
Senior Resident Critical Care
Deep Hospital, Ludhiana
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Posted on 21-09-2023
- Attend new employee’s orientation at the time of joining.
- Do a thorough Pre-Anesthesia check up of the patients posted for surgery & discuss the same with the consultant.
- Male doctors shall ensure presence of a nurse or female colleague while examining a female patient.
- Write daily progress notes at least once in 24 hours and more frequently if patient’s condition requires so.
- Write all orders in legible writing in the “Physician order sheet”, after confirmation with a senior colleague or consultant.
- Insert peripheral intravenous catheters when required.
- Insert invasive vascular access lines only under supervision.
- Take appropriate blood samples in case if required.
- Follow up on investigations sent and communicate results to the consultant. Document such communications and the resultant necessary orders.
- Send appropriate referrals and communicate with consultants.
- Ensure completion of patient records at the time of discharge.
- Respond promptly to any nurse’s urgent request for help in caring for any patient.
- Respond promptly to Code Blue announcements.
- Daily checking of Anaesthesia Machines and monitors prior to starting any case.
- Immediate post operative care of patients in surgrical recovery till their discharge to home/ward.
- Help in conducting Anaesthesia in O.T.’s and in remote locations like Radiology/Endoscopy suits under supervision of the consultant.
- Do the duties on rotation as per the Departments Duty Roaster.
- Maintain the patient anaesthesia record & departmental registers.
- To give detailed description of previous days events to the person on call in order to maintain the continuity of patient care.
- If need arises, to help in transfer of a critically ill patient from or to SPS Apollo Hospitals.
- Perform assessment of pain in patients of acute or chronic pain & assist consultants in formulating & implementing the treatment plans for such patients.
- To participate in academic exercises of the department.
- Comply with all Hospital Policies and procedures.
- Participate in the Hospital’s quality improvement plan.
- Participate in clinical and non-clinical training programs organized by the Department and the Hospital.
- Display professional behavior with patients, colleagues and other Hospital staff.
- Resuscitation through Risk Stratification for all ages. (BLS).
- Participation in Continuous Quality Improvement.
- To formulate the Process Improvement Programs and carry on Quality Initiatives in the department.
- To perform all other jobs as may be assigned due to exigencies of work.
Doctor / Surgeon
Critical Care Medicine (ICU)
Deep Hospital is a 200 bedded multispecialty hospital providing affordable and comprehensive health - care services to patients under one roof. Deep Hospital's strength comes from it's eminent panel of medical professionals, many of whom are leaders in their respective fields along with the latest state of art equipment.
Deep Hospital 481-R, Model Town, Ludhiana, Punjab, India – 141002