Butterfly Consulting & Training, Bengaluru
Kottayam, Kerala, India
Posted on 19-09-2023
- We are looking for an experienced orthopedic surgeon to treat patients who require specialist orthopedic procedures to remedy conditions, such as scoliosis, dislocations and fractures, and damage to tendons, muscles, and ligaments. Your responsibilities will include consulting with patients, discussing treatment options, treating patients, overseeing aftercare and physical therapy, and coordinating with other specialists, when necessary.
- To be successful as an orthopedic surgeon, you must be able to perform various surgical procedures to repair, salvage, or replace bones and joints, reconnect nerves, among others, in order to improve musculoskeletal health.
Orthopedic Surgeon Responsibilities:
- Consulting with patients and analyzing patient data to determine patient needs and treatment goals.
- Examining patients to diagnose bone, joint, ligament, or other musculoskeletal problems, including diseases, or injuries.
- Collaborating with other specialists, when necessary, to determine a course of treatment.
- Recording patient care by maintaining detailed notes of appointments with patients, including comments, tests, and/or treatments prescribed, and test results.
- Administering general and local anesthetics, when necessary.
- Performing surgical procedures on various parts of the musculoskeletal system, including plating broken bones, reattaching tendons and ligaments, or performing joint or hip replacements, among other procedures.
- Prescribing medication to improve recovery and control pain after surgical procedures.
- Referring patients to physical therapy, when necessary, or performing non-invasive procedures such as casting and splinting limbs.
- Monitoring ongoing progress and health of patients, and changing treatment plans, as necessary.
- Providing support and advice to patients receiving long-term care.
- Conducting research on defects, diseases, and disorders affecting the musculoskeletal system.
Orthopedic Surgeon Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, physical sciences, or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years’ internship and residency training, specializing in orthopedic surgery.
- Certification Orthopaedic Surgery in orthopedic surgery and/or a subspecialty, such as sports medicine, reconstructive surgery, trauma, or pediatrics.
- Valid and active medical license in the state you wish to practice.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding hand-eye coordination and dexterity.
- Wonderful bedside manner.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Flexible working hours.
Doctor / Surgeon