SNS Institutions, Coimbatore
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on 22-09-2023
- Position: Assistant Professor of Pharmacy
- Course Instruction: Develop and deliver lectures, seminars, and laboratory sessions in pharmacy-related subjects such as pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, pharmacotherapy, pharmaceutical sciences, or other relevant areas.
- Curriculum Development: Contribute to the development, revision, and improvement of the pharmacy curriculum, ensuring it aligns with current industry trends and educational standards.
- Student Advising: Provide academic and career guidance to pharmacy students, including advising on course selection, research opportunities, and career paths.
- Assessment: Create and implement assessment methods to evaluate student learning outcomes and provide constructive feedback for continuous improvement.
- Supervision: Oversee student research projects, internships, and experiential learning activities.
- Research Initiatives: Conduct original research in pharmacy-related fields, securing external funding where applicable.
- Publication: Publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals and present research at conferences to contribute to the advancement of pharmacy knowledge.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with colleagues, researchers, and industry partners on interdisciplinary research projects.
- Mentoring: Mentor graduate students, pharmacy residents, or postdoctoral fellows involved in research activities.
Service and Engagement:
- Committee Participation: Serve on departmental, college, and university committees to contribute to the governance and decision-making processes.
- Community Engagement: Engage with the local community, professional organizations, and pharmacy associations to promote the college's reputation and involvement.
- Professional Development: Stay updated on current developments in pharmacy practice and education through continuous learning, attending conferences, and participating in professional organizations.
- A PG degree or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) or a Ph.D. in a relevant pharmacy-related field.
- State licensure or eligibility for licensure as a pharmacist (if applicable).
- Demonstrated expertise in the specific subject area (e.g., pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, etc.).
- Strong teaching skills and a commitment to student success.
- Active involvement in pharmacy research and publication record.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and students.
Professor / Academic Staff